*COVID-19 PHASE II PRACTICE PLAN*
- Goal: Accommodate normal practice numbers each night (20~30 players)
- We will reserve at least two separate sections of courts at Whitaker for concurrent practice to take place.
- Each section must not have more than 10 players.
- If we have more than 10 players in a single section of courts, additional players will be directed to our 2nd practice group.
- Sign In
- Upon arriving into the tennis building, each player will scan a QR code for a practice section.
- Provided fewer than 10 people have signed in for that section, the player will add their name and head to that section of courts.
- Sign-in sheets allow us to comply with the 10 person meeting limit and the practice log requirement.
- Balls will be marked with a combination of their printed number and a hand-drawn shape like a square or star.
- Players are asked to use 2 matching balls per person.
- Officer Duties
- Take balls before practice.
- Make sure balls are disinfected and returned to the closet after practice.
Q: What if all sections of 10 are filled?
A: The sign-in sheets will instruct players to grab a non-reserved court and hit with their own party.
[WE ACCEPT NEW MEMBERS YEAR-ROUND. COME OUT WHENEVER YOU CAN!]
Days & Times: Tuesday, Wednesday, Fridays from 6pm-8:30pm
Location: Whitaker Tennis Courts on 51st Street & Guadalupe (Address: 290 W 51st St)
How to Get There
Drive: about 15 minutes
Bus: about 15 minutes
- Public transportation is free with your UT ID card and works great once you know how to use it.
- UT Intramural Field Bus (656)
Get a ride: Many of our members have cars. Post on our Facebook page if you ever want a ride and someone is sure to answer!
Bike: about a 20 minute ride